It’s a good day for Tucker Carlson.
The Fox News personality and former Fox News contributor is officially out of the Fox News Channel, ending his nearly five-decade run as the show’s longest-tenured anchor and the network’s longest tenured regular.
He will become the first host of the network since Bill O’Reilly.
Carlson, who also hosted the primetime show, “Tucker Carlson Tonight” for 13 years, was the host of “Tuckers Tonight,” a program he helped create and developed from 1998 to 2005, for the network.
“I’m a little surprised to hear that.
I just don´t think I would have gotten this job,” Carlson told reporters Tuesday.
“There were a lot of great people there, a lot more than I ever had on the air.”
But it was not just about his personality.
He had a stellar network of loyal and loyal fans, many of whom had been loyal viewers since he first took over in 1996.
“TUCKER CARLSON: I just can’t believe this,” tweeted longtime Fox News correspondent Dan Rather.
“But it’s not over yet.”
The network also lost its anchor, Megyn Kelly, to NBC.
In May, Fox announced that the company was cutting all ties with Megyn and her co-host Greta Van Susteren.
They had been on Fox for 26 years.
But Fox also will not be canceling its two other prime-time primetime shows, “Hannity” and “Special Report.”
That show, with Meghan McCain, will air in October.
The network said the move was prompted by the “extremism and threats” directed at the two hosts.
“While we are not going to comment on any individual individual show, the company has decided to end its relationship with Greta and Megyn for the time being,” a Fox News spokesperson told ABC News.
“We remain committed to the work we do and the people we work with.”
CNN announced Monday that it had dropped the longtime news anchor, Brian Stelter, as a contributor.
CNN said the decision was made after “continued efforts by the company to address his public and private behavior.”
Stelters decision is the latest in a string of firings by Fox News, which has faced allegations of sexual harassment and bias against some of its most recognizable figures.
But the network also announced Monday it was ending the networks flagship “The O’REILLY FACTORS” show, which had aired for more than 20 years.
It is the second major departure for Fox News in the past week.
On Tuesday, the network announced that Bill O`Reilly was stepping down from his position as host of Fox News’ flagship talk show “The Five” after nearly two decades.
O`RREILLYS departure was announced in a statement to Fox News by co-president Bill Shine.
“Bill has been a tireless advocate for our nation and our values for more of his life than I could ever imagine,” Shine said.
“As Bill said last week, I have lost a friend and colleague, and I will miss Bill immensely.”
O’RRELLYS departure comes just weeks after CNN severed ties with veteran host Anderson Cooper after his controversial comments on racial issues during an interview on CNN.
“CNN has a long history of supporting a wide range of diverse voices, including on this and many other matters,” the network said in a Monday statement.
“The CNN Newsroom will continue to present an unapologetic and fearless perspective on important and controversial topics, with the highest standards of integrity and accuracy.”
CNN did not immediately respond to a request for comment from ABC News on Tuesday.
CNN also announced Tuesday it had cut ties with longtime anchor Erin Burnett.
The news was announced Tuesday evening on the network´s website.
The decision comes a day after the network suspended Burnett, whose show “Outnumbered” was recently canceled after its fourth season.
Burnett, who hosted “The Erin Burnett Outlaw” show for the past two years, said in her statement that she was “deeply saddened and saddened to learn that we have ended our relationship with Erin.”
She said she was committed to “building a new network that will have the highest journalistic standards, with respect to our reporting, the safety of our staff, and the public’s right to know about important issues.”
She also said the network will continue “to focus on creating the highest-quality, groundbreaking, original, and challenging content.”
The news comes less than a week after the CNN anchor, Gloria Borger, resigned from the network following her firing by former CEO Jeff Zucker.
Borger said in an Instagram post on Monday that she would be resigning from the channel as well.
“After much consideration, I am resigning as Executive Producer of the @CNNOutnumbered program,” she